10 Responsibilities of an EU Authorised Representative
The responsibilities and role of the EU Authorised Representative (or EC Rep) is now in the spotlight as a result of the UK’s decision to leave the EU. Many companies have previously chosen EU Authorised Representatives from the UK and, as a result of the referendum, will now need to choose a new representative within the EU. In this blog post we will look at the 10 of the main responsibilities of an EU Authorised Representative.
10 Responsibilities of an European Authorised Representative:
- The EU Authorised Representative will register your device with the National Competent Authorities (often referred to as the NCA) before they are marketed.
- They will act as your primary contact point for all National Competent Authorities.
- The EU Authorised Representative maintains a current copy of your Technical File available for inspection by the European Competent Authorities.
- The designated representative will have their name, address and contact details listed on the packaging and associated materials of the device.
- Responsible for Incident and Field Safety Corrective Action (FSCA) reporting to Competent Authorities, in cooperation with you and your distributors.
- Advising your company of any changes to relevant laws that will impact on the marketability of your product.
- Should a member state seek to withdraw your device from the market, the EU Authorised Representative will represent your company to the European Commission.
- Maintains reports concerning the critical evaluation of all data collected during clinical evaluations for review by Competent Authorities.
- Notifies or is notified by the Competent Authorities of serious device incidents or FSCA.
- They will also carry out any post-market surveillance that is necessary.
There are many more responsibilities of an EU Authorised Representative that need to be carried out. We have just highlighted 10 responsibilities above.
We work with companies all around the world and represent them in the EU as their authorised representatives. We can represent your company and your device in the European market. Contact us today for an initial conversation about EU Authorised Representative Services.